There is a growing level of legislation in the UK targeting how industry deals with its waste. Building, general construction and demolition projects worth over £300,000 now have a legal duty to have in place a site waste management plan, if the project spend is over £500,000 those plans have to be more detailed. A major part of these requirements is how waste is dealt with and treated. With a increase in building projects situated in and around the towns of Ilkley, Otley, Menston, Guiseley and Rawdon – SBT Skip Hire are well placed to support the ‘Site Waste Management Plans’ of construction companies and building projects.
Main aims of a site waste management plan are…
- Improve efficiency by promoting reuse, recycling and recovery of waste, instead of disposal
- Reduce the amount of illegal fly-tipping by creating a full audit trail of waste removed from sites and complying with waste ‘duty of care‘ regulations
- Increase environmental awareness of your workforce and management
These key aims support what is called a waste hierarchy, the first being the most preferred method…
- Reuse – for other projects or further phases of the same project
- Recycle – an example being, demolition waste being recycled into aggregate for use in roads
- Recover – such as recovery of metals from end of life industrial sites
- Dispose – to landfill, the final and least preferred option within any waste management plan
SBT Skip Hire are a fully licensed waste transfer and recycler – at our own propose built facilities in Yeadon, servicing the areas of Ilkley, Otley, Menston, Guiseley and Rawdon. SBT Skip Hire manage and recycle 80% of waste, vastly reducing the impact on landfill. We are accredited with the Environment Agency and carry a waste carriers license.
SBT Skip Hire can provide skip hire, waste management and recycling for local building and construction projects in Ilkley, Otley, Menston, Guiseley and Rawdon, with a reliable, efficient and accredited service.
Affordable, reliable skip hire
SBT Skips can provide a full range of skips for you as an individual home owner or to your business. Whether your requirement is for a 2 yard mini skip, right up to a 40 yard roll on / roll off skip, SBT Skips are local, quick and reliable.
SBT Skips are a fully licensed waste carrier and authorised waste management provider. We have our own waste disposal facility and recycle 80% of all waste materials.
- Monday to Friday – 7.30am to 6.00pm
- Saturday – 7.30am to 1.00pm
- Yeadon, Guiseley, Rawdon
- Otley, Ilkley, Addingham
- Menston, Baildon, Bingley
- Leeds, Cookridge, Bramhope
- Shipley, Bradford, Greengates
- Harrogate, Pannal, Pool
- 2 yard mini skip
- 4 yard midi skip
- 8 yard maxi skip
- 12 yard jumbo skip
- 25 yard roll on/roll off skip
- 40 yard roll on/roll off skip