There is a growing level of legislation in the UK targeting how industry deals with its waste. Building, general construction and demolition projects worth over £300,000 now have a legal duty to have in place a site waste management plan, if the project spend is over £500,000 those plans have to be more detailed. A major part of these requirements is how waste is dealt with and treated. With a increase in building projects situated in and around the towns of Ilkley, Otley, Menston, Guiseley and Rawdon – SBT Skip Hire are well placed to support the ‘Site Waste Management Plans’ of construction companies and building projects.
Main aims of a site waste management plan are…
- Improve efficiency by promoting reuse, recycling and recovery of waste, instead of disposal
- Reduce the amount of illegal fly-tipping by creating a full audit trail of waste removed from sites and complying with waste ‘duty of care‘ regulations
- Increase environmental awareness of your workforce and management
These key aims support what is called a waste hierarchy, the first being the most preferred method…
- Reuse – for other projects or further phases of the same project
- Recycle – an example being, demolition waste being recycled into aggregate for use in roads
- Recover – such as recovery of metals from end of life industrial sites
- Dispose – to landfill, the final and least preferred option within any waste management plan
SBT Skip Hire are a fully licensed waste transfer and recycler – at our own propose built facilities in Yeadon, servicing the areas of Ilkley, Otley, Menston, Guiseley and Rawdon. SBT Skip Hire manage and recycle 80% of waste, vastly reducing the impact on landfill. We are accredited with the Environment Agency and carry a waste carriers license.
SBT Skip Hire can provide skip hire, waste management and recycling for local building and construction projects in Ilkley, Otley, Menston, Guiseley and Rawdon, with a reliable, efficient and accredited service.